Week 5: Last Week at the CCM!






Hey everyone! 

It's so crazy how fast time has gone here! I'll be shipping out for Atlanta and then new York on Monday! Our flight from the Mexico city airport is at 7:30, which means we are gonna be leaving the CCM at 2:30.... So not planning on sleeping that night haha. Im honestly so excited though, I can't wait to get to New York and start teaching some people!


This past week has been way good! We've basically had the same schedule daily, with a lot more language study and other last minute meetings about going into the field. I had to give a talk in Spanish on Sunday in front of the mtc president so that was way cool, and I don't think I messed too many things up in it so go me! It's been awesome getting to know so many people here and I legit have made such good friends the past 5 weeks. Funny thing is I would've never hung out with these kids before the mission, but we just all get along so well now that we're all out here for the same reason. Its crazy how the lord knows exactly where you need to be and who you need to be with.



This Tuesday we had a member of the 70 come and speak for our devotional. Elder Pino and his wife. Elder Pino was hilarious in his talk, and it was so good! It was all about how our call letter is a personal letter from president Monson. It really made me think about how awesome revelation in our day is. The leaders of our church are in direct communication with God, and through him and the holy ghost, know exactly where to assign every single missionary.


So I'm super ready to get out of Mexico and go to NY, but I honestly am gonna kind of miss this place! First of all, it's gonna be super weird not sitting on class and meals and meetings with my district 24 7. These people are legit already like family it's crazy! I'm gonna miss my teachers a ton too though that's for sure. Hermano gomez is seriously one of the coolest guys I've ever met. He thinks I'm kidding when I tell him I'm gonna fly him out to Boise after the Mish and we're all gonna hang out for a week or two. It's also gonna be super nerve racking to be out in the field talking to people in Spanish haha. Super excited to see what happens, but definitely a little nervous. But hey nerves are good right?!
me and Hermano Gomez!

This week I was reading in Moroni, and I found something I loved. It's in verse 33 of chapter 7 and it says  "And Christ hath said: If ye will have faith in me ye shall have power to do whatsoever thing is expedient in me." 
This is seriously one of my favorite scriptures, because it gives me so much motivation to just go out and try my best. As long as we have faith in him, we can do anything that is desirous to him. 

My Spanish is coming along really well now honestly! Speaking it is pretty easy now, but the conjugations are rough sometimes. Subjunctive is made by Satan I'm completely convinced. That stuff is way hard and makes literally no sense because it doesn't exist in English, but it's making more and more sense as I study it. I was actually getting super confident in my Spanish, and then I found subjunctive haha. But hey by the end of this week I'm going to be a pro at it so no worries! 

Alright so for the past week me and elder Dimond have been lifting in the mornings at 5:30, and then playing basketball after for like 20 minutes. On Monday we were playing and one of the counselors in the mission presidency here was watching us at the start. We play make it take it, and we had just lifted shoulders so I was so dead haha. Idk how but I legit went up 13-0 in like 2 minutes 😂 the counselor was just laughing and then left and as soon as he left I missed. So basically if anyone wants to shoot the lights out just have a member of a mission presidency watch you play. 

Well that's about all the updates I've got for now! I'll email yall next week about how NY is! Love you all! 

Love, 
Elder Allen 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 3: 3 Weeks Down!

Week 2: Segundo Semana!

6/11/18: Agradecido