1/14/19: Las semanas siguen mejorando




Jose Guzman looking fly! 

Hola! 

I swear I just keep saying this over and over again, but this was the best week of my mission. 

On Saturday we had one of the coolest experiences I've had yet. We had been on an exchange with some elders from Riverhead on Friday, and at the end of it had messaged someone from Facebook that had liked our church's page. The Riverhead Elders continued talking to him and eventually found out that he lived in our area. We started talking to him as well and set up a time to meet the next day in the chapel. When he arrived the next day we sat down in the chapel and as he told us more about himself, it became apparent that he had been through some super hard stuff. I opened up to Alma 36: 19-20 and as we read, an overwhelming feeling of peace rushed into the room. After reading, we all couldn't speak. We sat there for a solid minute before anyone said a word. With tears in his eyes, he looked up at us and told us this was the feeling he was looking for. He accepted to be baptized in 4 weeks, and came to church the next day, telling us how he wants to share that feeling with everyone he meets. 


A 2 year old wanted me to have all her stuffed animals

That feeling has been with us the past few days, and the joy it brings into my life is something I can't describe. This whole week has made me so grateful for the gospel. 

In 2 Nephi 1:15, which we were reading this week with someone we are teaching, it says

"But behold, the Lord hath redeemed my soul from hell; I have beheld his glory, and I am encircled about eternally in the arms of his love."

The nicest lady in the world (hna de León) 

The lord truly has done that for me, and for millions of other people. It is ONLY through the restored priesthood authority that that is possible. Through that authority restored to the Prophet Joseph Smith, we can feel of that love in its fullness. It's a love I feel daily now, and one that I never want to lose. Sharing it is the best thing that's ever happened to me, and as members and non members of the church we should strive to first partake of it and then give of it to others.

I love you all! Have a great week ♥️


 Pupusas! (we know how to make them now)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 3: 3 Weeks Down!

Week 2: Segundo Semana!

6/11/18: Agradecido