Week 8: What Up!

(Emily here..Elder Allen spent his P-day in Manhattan today and sent lots of pics..but not any captions...haha!  I think you can tell what is what...I don't know that area so I won't try and guess!haha....He sounds so good!  Love him and love this gospel so much!) :) 





What up everyone!


So this past week has been a huge learning experience for me, but it's been super awesome as well! I've legit seen so many little miracles out here in the Bronx and wish I could put all of them into here but it'd just be like way too much haha.













So first off this past week we had a lesson with our home boy Ad____, and this dude is seriously the coolest. He accepted my invitation to be baptized last time and then this week we were able to set a date with him! We decided on the 23rd of september, and his wife was actually at the last lesson as well! Her name is y_____ and she's super cool too, and was super into the restoration message we shared. She took a break from work just to come and talk to us for 30 minutes which shows how interested she is. The cool thing is, they both want to get baptized so bad, but aren't going to do it without each other. So looks like they'll both be getting bapped on that day in september! Legit so hyped for them, they're freaking awesome, and the spirit is always present during our lessons with them.




Also this last sunday, we were able to do the impossible and get this less active guy named Mo____to church for the first time in like 5 years which was way cool! We just had to have him promise to pick us up, and then he came. Gotta give them an ultimatum sometimes haha. It was awesome though, and the sacrament meeting was super cool. Since being out here I've taken the sacrament a lot more seriously, and used the time to reflect on the week and really think about my savior and all he's done for me.





On Monday, we had a few of our appointments bail on us so we decided to go tracting for a while. We went to this one apartment complex that had a potential investigator, but he didn't answer, we knocked all 6 floors with nothing but a few "I'm catholic". We were headed down the elevator and my comp yelled and hit the door (jokingly) because we were so frustrated that we couldn't find anyone. We were leaving the building and saw one last door that we hadn't knocked yet, and decided to hit it.  A Dominican lady answered the door and told us she was catholic as well but told us to come in and share a short two minute video called prince of peace. We showed it to her, and she ended up telling us after that her oldest son had just recently died at 26, along with her mom and sister like 2 months earlier. We shared our testimonies about the plan of salvation with her and just gave her like a basic interview of it, but the spirit was seriously so strong and she looked so happy the whole time. We ended up leaving her with a book of Mormon and plan of salvation pamphlet, and got a return appointment for next week. After leavin me and elder Munoz were super hyped but just amazed, because we could have just left the apartment complex and gone to our FHE appointment. It legit is so crazy that the last door is the one person who wanted and needed to hear our message today! That's the whole reason I'm out here honestly, not for me, but for the people who need comfort and happiness in their lives. I know this message can touch so many people's lives, and I'm just starting to see how it happens!









So on Sunday while we were walking to church, this dude pulls off the road in his car and stops right next to us. He rolls down his window and yells "Hows it going today you false prophets!" We just laughed and yelled back Great! and kept walking and then the dude drove off, and then literally right after that another guy called us jehovas witness hahaha. I prefer false prophets though obviously. ;)





One scripture I've read a lot this week is Moroni 7: 33 which says "And Christ hath said: If ye will have faith in me ye shall have power to do whatsoever thing is expedient in me." I've learned to just keep having faith in my savior, and everything works out. It's gonna get hard out here sometimes no doubt, but I know that if I continue to pray and ask for his help and guidance, hes gonna be there for me. I'm so thankful for him and his sacrifice for literally everyone in the world, and I wish I could just tell everyone how dope this gospel is, but for now I'll stick to the people in NY haha. Love you all so much, talk to ya soon!

Love, Elder Allen

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 3: 3 Weeks Down!

Week 2: Segundo Semana!

6/11/18: Agradecido