Week 24: Transfers!!


Yo everyone what is up?! 

It was transfers yesterday!!! So crazy! So here's the big news.... I got transferred! I'm currently in Harlem now, which is in Manhattan right next to Central Park. The apartment we live in is so freaking nice I can't even explain, but I'll talk about that more later! 

First off, the last week with Elder Gomez in the Bronx was amazing. We had so many cool things happen, and my last day in the area, Monday, was the best day on my mission so far. We had tons of lessons planned out, and so we went to the laundromat to say bye to Angelica and Elvira cause those are my ladies. They actually came to church on Sunday which was so awesome because we've been trying forever! So we get to talking to her about how she liked church and she tells us that she got there a little late and didn't hear the sacramental prayer for the bread, so she didn't think she should eat it. She heard the one for the water, and decided to drink it. She had been having some serious pain in her stomach for about 3 months, and she said that as soon as she drank the water, that pain just disappeared and it still hasn't come back. INSANE! We ended up inviting her to be baptized and she accepted for the 30th of December. So crazy to see how much she has changed and how willing she is to accept the gospel in her life.



Next super cool thing that day was our lesson with Maite and her two boys! We went in to talk about their baptismal date, which they had changed because they wanted to wait til June to get baptized in Honduras. We taught them about the gospel of Jesus Christ and I bore my testimony to them and just started crying like crazy cause I love them so much. They ended up feeling like they should get baptized this Saturday! So I'll be making the trip back up to the Bronx in a few days to see them do that. I'm so happy for them I can't even describe! They made me a cake and food for a going away gift it was so awesome 😂


We had lessons with some families, and they all gave me going away gifts which was unexpected but awesome. I got a necklace, a toy car from Alex, Christmas ornament and a Chewbacca mask 😂😂😂 the whole day I was basically crying and bearing my testimony, but it was so cool. You just literally feel like these people are your family out here, and you've only known them for a few months. It's crazy how that works. The Bronx will always be a special place for me no doubt!











Alright so now with the new, I'm in Manhattan and our pad is freaking so sick. I'll include some pictures but basically it's a bachelor pad haha. So nice. Everything is modern and new and we're on the 6th floor with some dope views. My companion is Elder Cid from California! He's 26 and a pretty dope guy. I can tell we're going to get a ton done here! It's so crazy being here!







My scripture I wanna share this week is 2 Nephi 2 verse 25! Adam fell that men might be and men are that they might have joy! I've noticed that true joy only comes through living the gospel. I have felt that joy ever since coming out here and it's amazing! 

Love you all! 
Elder Allen 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 3: 3 Weeks Down!

Week 2: Segundo Semana!

6/11/18: Agradecido