Week 36: Nuevos!

Me with Elder Cid and our roomies last week at the temple. 

Hey everyone! It's been a crazy but awesome week here in the city, and I officially got my new trainee! 

So Elder Cuevas is my new companion, from Oregon and is awesome! His dad is Mexican and mom is from Hawaii, and he actually played rugby in high school! He came straight from high school, and super excited to be out here. He loves sports so it's sweet to be able to have that in common! He is super funny and keeps calling me "the man" which is awesome 😂 (I'll send pics next week of Elder Cuevas and I)

Elder Cid and I made sure we visited all our awesome families/people before he got transferred to Poughkeepsie...way up north!  


Last night we went over to a members house and had an awesome lesson about temples and the plan of salvation. The mom of the family shared an experience she had of a dream where all of her family was in the temple together. We bore testimony to her about the plan of salvation and Elder Cuevas did a great job! His testimony of that and just the gospel in general is super powerful, and he definitely has the spirit with him!


We also had district meeting yesterday, and I got called as the district leader so I had to run it. We have 3 trainees in our area so that is pretty crazy. Our ward is going to have 8 missionaries now! That is crazy cause back home I like never even saw the missionaries 😂


There was a cool thing that happened to Elder cid and I last week. We were getting on the bus and the driver stopped us and asked what church we were from and we told her the lds church. She said that every single missionary that gets on the bus is just so nice to her and friendly and she loves it! We showed her where the church was and gave her the sisters info. It is just so cool to see people recognize the spirit that missionaries carry with them!



I just wanted to end with a quote I found this past week from Gordon b hinckley, "Do you want to be happy? Forget yourself and get lost in this great cause. Lend your efforts to helping people.... Stand higher, lift those with feeble knees, hold up the arms of those that hang down. Live the gospel of Jesus christ." as we live this gospel we will be so much happier! It's so awesome to be out here preaching the word of God! Love you all and have a great week! 



Elder Adam Ray Allen
New York New York North Mission
700 White Plains Rd Ste 315 Scarsdale, NY 10583 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 3: 3 Weeks Down!

Week 2: Segundo Semana!

6/11/18: Agradecido