Week 26: Ilumina El Mundo!

Snow day in NY! (Finally)


Hey everyone!

It's been such an awesome week here in Harlem! The Christmas lights are all up in Manhattan, and it's been so cool to be able to share the message of "light the world" with everyone here. 

First off, last Friday we had a split with the zone leaders and I went with Elder Smith. He's from Fresno CA and went to BYU for a year before coming out, and this guy is awesome. He legit is the nicest guy ever and just is smiling all the time it's dope. We pretty much just had look ups the whole time we were together, but we had some awesome things happen. The first thing was when we were going into this building with security at the front, and we had to get buzzed in to be let in. We didn't get buzzed in, but someone had just opened the door so we just walked in, and that wasn't good. The security guard and lady that was working in the back freaked out on us and made us wait until we got buzzed in. So safe to say it wasn't a super solid start. We ended up making a joke with them and lightening the mood and eventually found out that the lady actually had a nephew that was a member in the Olmstead ward that I knew! We showed the light the world video with both of them, and they loved it. We got all of their info and sent it to the elders who live in their area. So crazy how it started off bad and then once we started talking to them and sharing our message, they instantly changed. 

 sameeeeeee

We also had a super cool experience that night. We were walking on this street looking for an apt, and saw this mom and daughter taking groceries out of their car. We offered to help and they said sure, and we ended up going into their house and cleaning and putting groceries away. We got to talking and found out that the mom was a member! She had gone to the Manhattan chapel for a long time but hadn't been for about a year, and her 18 year old daughter that was there wasn't a member. We had some awesome conversations and then showed them the light the world video as well, and when Jesus appeared in it, they both gasped. it was so cool, and after we were able to set up a appt for tonight! They were so dope and the daughter sang for us at the end because her mom was telling us she had an amazing voice, and I swear she sounded just like Rihanna it was impressive. So who knows I might be teaching the next big music star here in NY 😂. 

On saturday, we had an awesome lesson with our investigator Edson. He had read the books of Enos and Jarom and wanted to talk about them, and just had tons of intellectual questions. It was the coolest thing ever, because during that lesson and while answering his questions, both elder cid and I were able to answer everything with stuff he understood. After the lesson, I couldn't remember what I said, but I do know that it was completely by the spirit, because all of it was stuff that I really didn't know super well. It's so cool to feel the spirit work through us as missionaries! 

Found my roots out here at food Bank service

We had zone conference yesterday and it was good. There was something I really liked from it, when the stake president of the Manhattan stake spoke to us. He told us that what happens on our missions will stay with us forever, and that the people that we teach will affect our lives in the years to come. I can't wait to see how much the people I teach out here will grow and change years down the road. We also talked about how important members are to the work. So everyone back home, go out with the missionaries! You are all the ones that will help their investigators the most! Missionaries come and go but their ward and ward family will be there forever! 

This week I finished the Book of Mormon for our 110 day challenge. I'll attach a picture of the one I used and how crazy I went on it with sticky notes and stuff haha. But, I just want to end this email with my testimony. 

Apartment upgrades/next AP

The book of Mormon is true. The church that was reestablished by Joseph Smith is the exact church that Jesus established while on the earth. Through reading the Book of Mormon and praying about it, we can all receive a witness that these things are true. My life has changed so much since I've turned to the Book of Mormon. I feel the spirit so much stronger when I read it, opposed to when I don't. There is no doubt in my mind that it is true. We have the fullness of the gospel of Jesus Christ in our hands, and now all we need to do is learn it and live it. I love this gospel and work so much, and love the people of New York so much as well. Love you all tons too! Have an awesome week, and don't forget to go out and #iluminaalmundo 

Elder Adam Ray Allen
New York New York North Mission
700 White Plains Rd Ste 315 Scarsdale, NY
10583


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 3: 3 Weeks Down!

Week 2: Segundo Semana!

6/11/18: Agradecido