Week 18: Transfers!

Saying bye to my dad Elder Munoz 😭

What’s up everyone!

Just got through transfers yesterday! Man this is crazy to get a new companion and be in charge of this area now! It honestly sucked saying bye to Elder Munoz, me and him got super tight and I definitely am going to look him up after the mission. But he’s going with my good bud Elder Dimond from the mtc so that’s pretty cool! My new companion is……. Elder Gomez! He’s straight from Mexico and had to learn English out here. Well partly, he spent 5 years in the US and then moved back to Mexico with his family until he came out here. He’s super cool though! We had an awesome first day yesterday and I can already tell we’re going to get along but more importantly, we are going to get some progress in this area for sure!

 Pic with the other Elder Allen before he left for home! 

So this past week was pretty crazy, just a ton of lessons with people and saying bye to people. Last Wednesday, we go over to this members house because he said he wants his daughter to get taught. She is so ready to be baptized! She had just moved here from Guatemala and wants to join the church because of how happy it makes her parents. We taught the restoration and she had some awesome questions, and sends us even more questions over Facebook all the time. She’s super ready, just needs to get all of her questions answered and then she’ll be good!

Dope graffiti wall featuring Elder Munoz

We had a super fun ward party on Friday! It was nations night, so every body from the Spanish ward brought food and stuff from their country and had a table set up. So the missionaries were in charge of the American table, but none of us had time to cook so guess what we made. Freaking corn dogs πŸ˜‚ so funny we literally brought out a huge glass bowl of like 50 corn dogs for everyone πŸ˜‚ but hey they were all gone at the end so I guess it was a hit! Papusas and flautas are like my favorite foods ever though oh my. This one sister named sister Corletto makes the most bomb Papusas ever, I seriously could eat them all day every day. But I won’t cause I’m watching my figure duh πŸ˜‰

Some dang good no bakes I made

 Sushi last pday with the squad! 


On Sunday we had an awesome day. We’ve been seeing so much cool stuff happen, and this was another day full of that. So on Friday I had studied the talk by Ronald A. Rasband titled “By Divine Design” which basically let’s us know that there are no coincidences. Ever since studying it I’ve been able to use it in basically every lesson! We were leaving the church on Sunday and our boy named B_____ who’s getting ready to serve a mission stopped us and said he wanted to talk to us. So we went up into a room and got to talking, and all of a sudden this talk popped into my head. I told him about it and let him know that Elder Munoz and I were there for a reason. We were his missionaries for a reason and we were supposed to meet with him that day for a reason too. He was crying during the lesson which is funny cause this guy tries to come off like a gangster. He felt the spirit super strong and we had an awesome prayer with him to end it. This guy’s awesome. We get along super well cause he’s super into like street fashion and rap and sports so we talk about that stuff all the time. My goal is to see him put his papers in before I leave this place!

Chillin with our boy B____ 


With our recent convert A___

Alright so on Monday night, our landlord hooked us up! He bought a ton of pizza and took us on the roof of our apartment to take pictures and stuff which was super cool. We always mess with him and I always talk like the g’s on the street around him cause he hates it so much πŸ˜‚ so for the pictures we all wore our most gangster stuff. I had on a hockey jersey and a Supreme hat. Oh yeah and sorry mom but I bought a doo rag the other day to fit in with the dudes here πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‰ only wore it once though no worries πŸ˜‚ it was super fun though, our landlord is a super cool guy. But now MuΓ±oz and Espinoza are gone and that sucks! Our pad was awesome we had some dope dudes in here. 

  Last pics with our pad! 

Selfie game on point with some members


I love you all a ton, and invite you to read that talk by Rasband! It's awesome and one of my favorites from this past conference. So read it! Have an awesome week everyone! 

Love, 
Elder Allen 







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 3: 3 Weeks Down!

Week 2: Segundo Semana!

6/11/18: Agradecido