5/2/18: El poder de Dios



Hey everyone! Hope you had an awesome week! It's been a great past 7 days here in Harlem once again.

We had an awesome miracle happen on Sunday. So our investigator Leo actually had a severe medical emergency on Thursday of last week. He came to the church early on Sunday to meet with us and we were able to spend a little bit of time explaining the Priesthood. After that, we gave him a Priesthood blessing and at the end asked him how he felt. He said he felt an overwhelming sense of peace. We told him that his feeling of peace could last forever as he made covenants with the Lord such as baptism, and we set a baptismal date for the 26 of May! On Tuesday, he called us and told us that the night after the blessing, he woke up and felt as though all the pain he had was gone. He said he knew that the blessing came from God and that we really do have the Priesthood authority today in our church. It was so awesome to see the Priesthood work in such a profound way.



Now on Saturday we had the chance to do some service for the BYU football team that visited Harlem for a camp they put on every year! Our Bishop knows the financing guy for them so we got to go set up early in the morning and meet Coach Kalani Sitake and a ton of the players! (Sorry dad I know you're jealous) The coolest part for me was the next day at church we were waiting for Leo to show up and the financing and marketing guy for BYU shows up cause they left a bag at the field that we had to go pick up. He gives us some shirts and stuff from BYU and then his business card and tells us to hit him up when we get to Provo. The coolest part is, this guy is literally doing the job that I have dreamed of! So I am for sure going to give him a ring when I get there.




I was studying in Jacob 5 this week, with the analogy of the Olive Tree and the House of Israel. A part caught my attention in verse 41. The Lord of the vineyard and his servant go down to check everything and come to see that the evil fruit has taken control of the whole of his vineyard. Verse 41 says "And it came to pass that the Lord of the vineyard wept, and said unto the servant: What could I have done more for my vineyard?"
Then in verse 47 "But what could I have done more in my vineyard? Have I slackened mine hand, that I have not nourished it? Nay, I have nourished it, and I have digged about it, and I have pruned it, and I have dunged it; and I have stretched forth mine handalmost all the day long, and the end draweth nigh." 


The Lord literally weeps for His children when he sees them going against His commandments and standards. He always "has His hand extended" but we just need to reach for it. The first step to eternal life is having a desire for eternal life! As we change our desires to the things that truly matter in eternity, we will see a world of a difference and feel the love God has for us.

Love you all so much! have a great week!

Elder Adam Ray Allen
New York New York North Mission
700 White Plains Rd Ste 315 Scarsdale, NY 10583

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 3: 3 Weeks Down!

Week 2: Segundo Semana!

6/11/18: Agradecido