5/28/18: Días Llenos

Elder Jensen and I! 


Buenos días!

We had such a packed week here in the Bronx, but it was so awesome! 

So we have to go on splits with elders here like 2 times a week so that we can get through everyone, and it is craziness. But it's pretty awesome because we get to see the whole zone and get to know the other elders super well. On Tuesday we went on a split with our roomates, and I went with Elder Kitchen who is from Caifornia. We had a few lessons fall through and were walking to our next appointment at the church, when this guy walks by and says, "Hey Elders!" He kept walking but I yelled out to him and asked if he had met with missionaries before and came back to tell us that he was actually baptized 3 years ago! He's from Chicago, and ended up moving in with an lds family there then was baptized. We took him on a chapel tour and at the end we were in the chapel and read some scriptures and then said a prayer together. He looked at us after and told us that he took finding us as his answer that he needs to return to church! So cool!

Yesterday, we were walking from an appointment, and we were talking Spanish to each other. We passed by a man and he called out to us because he said it was super weird to hear and see two white guys speaking Spanish together in the Bronx 😂 He began to talk to us and told us that he used to meet with the missionaries and had actually read the book of Mormon in 3 months! He begged us to come over so I guess we accepted. 😂 It was so cool though to see how he was prompted to stop and talk to us! 

Also, my companion Elder Jensen is the man. We had previously been in Harlem at the same time and I was so hyped to hear I was coming here with him. It's been super fun working together because we both want to work hard and still have fun along the way. It's been so cool to see miracles come from the work we put in! He also loves like tons of the stuff I do so we're already planning a trip together for when we're both back home. Definitely one of the dopest guys I've met out here. 

As I was studying this morning, I was reading in Mosiah chapter 4 verses 2 and 3. This is when King Benjamin is addressing his people and they realize how small we are compared to God, but that through the Atonement and Gospel of Jesus Christ, we can realize our eternal potential. I love the part where it talks about the JOY that they felt as they accepted Christ as their savior and redeemer. When have we felt that JOY before? It was a cool moment for me to reflect on the 11 months Ive been out here and the JOY that I have felt as I see people repent and come unto Him. I invite all of you to think about the JOY that you have felt through the gospel and strive to always have it as you go through the day!

Love you all so much! Have an awesome week!

Elder Adam Ray Allen
New York New York North Mission
700 White Plains Rd Ste 315 Scarsdale, NY 10583

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 3: 3 Weeks Down!

Week 2: Segundo Semana!

6/11/18: Agradecido