9/10/18: Ta p'al Crimen



District!


Buen día! 
💣 Week here in Kingsbridge! Transfers are coming up this next week :( 

First off, funny story. I was street contacting a man last week and as we were having an awesome spiritual conversation this big Bronx lady walks up and asks me to give her $5. I told her I didn't have any (Because we literally are broke) and she started FREAKING OUT. She just looked me in the eyes eventually and yelled, "Feed me!". I chuckled and she left but kept yelling like she was at a rodeo or something. Good thing is, the guy was awesome and is over with the other missionaries now!! :)

The past few days have been some of the quickest of my life, but also some of the most valuable. I've learned a lot about respecting people's agency, and also helping them see the true and eternal benefits of the gospel. One such example was this weekend. We had a split with the assistants, and when we got back to our area, almost every lesson we had set up canceled without notice. Both my companion and I were pretty frustrated. THEN, as we just went out looking for a miracle, we found it! There was a man smoking outside a building and as we stopped and talked to him he told us that he had met with the missionaries all of the time in the domincan Republic, and that he wanted us to come by this week and teach his family asap! Then later that night, we went to visit a family that we hadn't taught for over 2 months, and had an awesome lesson on the Atonement. God truly knows when we need certain experiences in life in order for us to progress! 

 Gif some missionaries in the zone made after we sent out a video to the zone 

The next day (yesterday), we had a man named Gregorio come to church after we called him the day before. We went over to his apartment, and shared the message of the restoration with him. As we invited him to be baptized on October 13, he said he couldn't because he would be out of town, but he said the 6th of October would work 😂 So we will have a baptism for our boy Gregorio!!!

District!

During our split on Friday, I was studying alot about the atonement and specifically about how it aids us in our daily lives. Not only does it make repentance possible, but it makes overcoming challenges possible. In Matthew 11, the last 3 verses talk about how the "yoke" of Christ is easy. I was thinking about that and stumbled across this awesome quote that I want to share. 

“Why face life’s burdens alone, Christ asks, or why face them with temporal support that will quickly falter? To the heavy laden it is Christ’s yoke, it is the power and peace of standing side by side with a God that will provide the support, balance, and strength to meet our challenges and endure our tasks here in the hardpan field of mortality."
 "To one and all, Christ said, in effect: As long as we all must bear some burden and shoulder some yoke, why not let it be mine? My promise to you is that my yoke is easy, and my burden is light."

Why not let Christ take part of our load? Life IS so much easier as we let him help us and trust in his guiding hand. 

I love you all and hope you have a great week!!!

Elder Adam Ray Allen
New York City Mission 
700 White Plains Rd Ste 315 Scarsdale, NY 10583


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 3: 3 Weeks Down!

Week 2: Segundo Semana!

6/11/18: Agradecido