9/3/18: Contacto a diario 👋


 "finders" in harlem



Good morning!

We had a sweet week this week in the Bronx!

Just an okay car

On Saturday, I had the chance to go back to Harlem! We were doing some finding training down there, and so I went on 4 splits for 8 hours of Bus and Train contacting. We talked to probably over a hundred and fifty people, and had some really cool things happen and one of them was during my third split with a guy named mr. Mower. He is from Alabama and lived up here in New York around 30 years, and as I walked on to the bus, I saw that the seat next to him was open. I asked to sit there and he said for sure, and then I saw that this man had the DOPEST shorts I've ever seen a grandparent wear. I'll be talking to my grandparents soon about adopting his style. We started talking about how he actually bought them on accident and he ended up asking me what I'm doing here. By the end of our time together (5 min) we had his phone number and address, and had talked about going down to the court house to get some paperwork done so we could be related and go to a family reunion together 😂

 "finders" in harlem

There was another sweet miracle that happened while on an exchange that day. The Elder I was with is one I've known for a while and he is awesome. We get onto a bus with like 15 minutes left, and I tell him that this next contact is all his. He was pretty nervous about it, and went to go sit next to an older man. As soon as he sat next to him the man got up to talk to a friend across the bus... Of course😂 the Elder looked at me and I just laughed and shrugged my shoulders, then motioned towards a guy our age at the back of the bus. He had headphones in so the Elder asked me what to do and I just told him to go for it and use what he had learned. He went and sat across the isle from him and I went and sat behind both of them and began to talk to an older guy and his son. I watched him get his confidence up and take some deep breaths and then go and wave right in front of the guys face! The guy just shook his head and waved him off. As we got off the bus, the Elder was HYPED that he had overcome his fear, even though the guy wasn't interested at all. And on the plus side the dad and his son were awesome and wanted to meet with us!😉
 Member we found in Harlem! 


One thing I found in my studies this week was a quote about the decisions we make in life. I've made a personal goal on the mission and for after, that everything I do will "edify and uplift". Something that does those two things is sharing the gospel, which is literally what I do 24/7 right now.

dope building 

Going along with how the work of the lord is edifying and uplifting, we had an amazing experience. I was on a split in my old area with an English Elder, and we were on the bus for about 30 minutes getting to their house. I talked to 2 or 3 guys and one after the other got off the bus right after we started our conversation. I complimented this guy's watch, and we started talking about how the world is so temporal and things from God are what really matter. We talked for a solid 20 minutes and shared contact info, and later I sent him a video about how we lived with God before this life.

This guy lives in the same building as missionaries! 

Fast forward to Saturday. I was in Harlem all day for the finding day, so Elder Lammi went into a trio with our roomates. They went to go teach this guy I met on the bus because the English elders couldn't, and when I came back that night they were all smiling from ear to ear. They told me that he was 100 percent prepared and had accepted a baptismal date for 3 weeks! He also came to church in Olmstead yesterday. It's so cool to see how small contacts in transit lead to people changing their lives! 😎

Love you all! 

Elder Adam Ray Allen
New York City Mission 
700 White Plains Rd Ste 315 Scarsdale, NY 10583



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 3: 3 Weeks Down!

Week 2: Segundo Semana!

6/11/18: Agradecido