10/1/18: ๐ŸŒŠKLK! (que lo que)

 Baptism! 



KLK! (que lo que)

Hope you've all had a great past week! This was a wild one up here in Long Island. We had a baptism out of the blue, a recent convert went to the temple, and an amazing zone conference.

 Baptism! 


So last week, our friend Franklin told us he wanted to be baptized. We thought "Alright sweet we can get this done in like 4 weeks and be good to go!" But Franklin had some other plans ๐Ÿ˜‚ He called us the next day and told us he wanted it to be this week! We had to make some calls to see if it was okay, and after getting permission we started going hard. We had probably 12 Facebook calls with him and got him all ready to go. He walked out of his interview that Thursday with tears running down his face thanking us for helping him change his life. On Saturday, he entered the waters of baptism and was confirmed yesterday as a member of the true church of Jesus Christ. To put a cherry on top, he proposed to his now Fiancee right after classes in the chapel. Put a ring on it! ๐Ÿ’ He is moving to Provo to start a family at the end of the month, so get ready to go visit him Fam! 

  Rang 
 There it is! 

We were listening to the "Conversion story of Bill Carpenter" this week as we drove, and a quote stood out to me, especially after this experience with Franklin. 
"It's not happen stance, it's inspiration" 
God places us in the right place at the right time to help others on this journey through life. I realize now that everyone I have ever met has been for a reason. Those who haven't accepted the gospel while I've been here on the mission have been giving a seed, and that eventually will grow when they choose to nourish it.

  Splits! 
Split with elder Meyer! 

We had two exchanges this week, and for one of them I went with Elder Meyer who is new in the mission. We went out to knock some doors and it started down pouring so I gave him my umbrella and got wrecked ๐Ÿ˜‚ We had some sweet people open up to us though. We get to this one big house and I knock the door, and this large man comes out. He immediately starts waving us off saying "We've already been through this". I decided to mess with him a little bit (in a loving way). I told him I had never talked to him before and he said that he knew me. I told him I was in the Bronx just a few days earlier and he said that he talked to me 3 months ago. (Impossible) We ended up talking for about 5 minutes and at the end we were leaving and I told him I loved him with no response back, so I decided to heckle him a little more. For about 2 minutes we sat in a good ole western shoot out waiting for him to say it back to me. Finally I just gave him a hand heart signal and we both left laughing and smiling. ๐Ÿ˜‚ 

 Old roomates but just got picture lol
District! 

I was thinking about how funny that contact was, but also about how I really did love him! A few days later we had Zone Conference and Sister Teuscher gave a training on Love. She said the first great truth is, 
"God loves us as much as we love Him." 
Our success (especially as missionaries) comes from our personal dedication and commitment to spreading that gospel love. I've learned that if I truly love Him enough, I will do all I can to give this message to all those that will hear it.

Comp wanted to flex

Love you all and hope you have a great week!

Elder Adam Ray Allen
New York City Mission 
700 White Plains Rd Ste 315 Scarsdale, NY 10583







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 3: 3 Weeks Down!

Week 2: Segundo Semana!

6/11/18: Agradecido