11/27/18: Demasiado Pavo




Buenos días! 

I swear I keep telling myself the mission cannot get any better, but every week it seems to improve. But hey, no complaints over here. We had some straight MIRACLES in Brentwood. We were blessed with 4 people who were ready to make the commitment to be baptized, and now are planning 4 baptisms for the end of December and beginning of January. The members of the ward have been a huge help and the relationships we are forming with them are awesome. 



So almost forgot that Thanksgiving was last week, but yes mom I got fed more than I needed. We had a dinner at our bishops house, also got the best tamales ever from our recent convert and her husband, and to top off the night went to a Domincan throw down. The domincan one got me. My stomach felt like I had spent the whole day at Disneyland. But the plus side is that I kept it all down unlike last year. 😂 My stomach has gotten 10 x smaller, so putting down a lot of food isn't even an option any more. 



Also! Baptism! Mateo De leon, the son of a returning member, was baptized! We've been teaching him for the past few months and he is the coolest 14 year old ever. The best part was that his mom (who isn't a member) got up and bore a testimony of how happy she is for her son and that she loves and respects our church a ton. So awesome! 




I was on some exchanges this week with other elders, and one of them we were getting some work in with knocking doors. We went to this one neighborhood, and the Elder I was with wanted some help knowing how to start a conversation. I told him to just use the word "lasagna" in the conversation. (great solution I know) But, we ended up meeting this guy outside of his house, talked about how good his lasagna was on thanksgiving, got a great Referall for some bomb lasagna in the area, and talked to him for about 10 minutes after. (not about lasagna the whole time I promise) So, if you ever don't know what to say, relate it back to lasagna 😂 

This week I read in Mormon 7, and I invite all of you to read it this week. It is straight up fire. Verses 1-7 explain what we need to know in order to inherit the kingdom of God, and verses 8-10 explain what we need to do. Something that stuck out to me is that in verse 9 it talks about how the book of Mormon truly supports the bible, and the other way around. If you believe in the message of the Bible, you MUST believe the message of the book of Mormon. Once we recieve a witness that the book of Mormon is true, the rest just falls into place. 

So just read the BOM! 💣 

That's what I have to leave you with this week, READ. Our daily lives will improve, doors will be opened, and we will see God's guiding hand more abundantly. 

Love you all! 

Elder Adam Ray Allen
New York City Mission 
700 White Plains Rd Ste 315 Scarsdale, NY 10583

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 3: 3 Weeks Down!

Week 2: Segundo Semana!

6/11/18: Agradecido